Saturday, January 6, 2024

After Me

 

 

Mark 1: 7-11

And this was his message: “After me comes the one more powerful than I, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and untie. I baptize you with water, but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.”

The Baptism and Testing of Jesus

At that time Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan. 10 Just as Jesus was coming up out of the water, he saw heaven being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a dove. 11 And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”

With the Baptism of Jesus, John's mission is complete.  He had come to prepare the way for the Messiah, and now the Messiah had arrived, was recognized as such and was confirmed by the voice from heaven, "You are my believed Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased." (Mark 1; 11). John baptized with water but Jesus would baptize with the Spirit and a whole new era would begin. It is here where we come in, where we benefit from this Baptism of the Spirit and are truly born again. Let us rejoice, be glad and hear the words of the Father applied to us, his beloved sons and daughters with whom he is well pleased.

Bro. Rene

Dear God, thank you for the gift of my baptism which has made me a member of your family.  May I live up to this close and life-giving relationship. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment