Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Never Hunger

 

 John 6:35–40 

 The Bread of Life

35 Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. 36 But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. 37 All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

Most of us eat three meals a day, and if we miss one or two, we feel hungery. But Jesus promises that whoever comes to him will never go hungry, or whoever believes in him will never be thirsty. Having been deprived of the Eucharist for most of these weeks I have been in Rehab, I can vouch for these words of Jesus. Despite the good care, nutritious meals and helpful therapy, there is definitely something vital to my day that I am missing. I watch the Mass from Ste.Marie's in Manchester, NH and am fed by the Word of God, but when it comes time for Holy Communion, I have to receive it "spiritually."  This will do for another few days, but soon I'll be home and able to return to daily Mass.  What a joy that will be!  We come to appreciate things when we are deprived of them. 

Bro. Rene

Dear God, thank you for the Bread of Life. Increase my longing for it and feed me soon. Give to all your believers a greater desire and appreciation for this holy and necessary nourishment. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment