Saturday, April 22, 2023

Do Not Be Afraid


 John 6:16-21

Jesus Walks on the Water

16 When evening came, his disciples went down to the lake, 17 where they got into a boat and set off across the lake for Capernaum. By now it was dark, and Jesus had not yet joined them. 18 A strong wind was blowing and the waters grew rough. 19 When they had rowed about three or four miles, they saw Jesus approaching the boat, walking on the water; and they were frightened. 20 But he said to them, “It is I; don’t be afraid.” 21 Then they were willing to take him into the boat, and immediately the boat reached the shore where they were heading.

As often as we read this short  passage, its powerful message always seems to apply to our current challenge. I'm still writing from Whittier Rehab where I'm still trying to weather the storm of a persistent infection. I am consoled by the excellent care I am receiving and am focusing on the presence of Jesus who assures me that he is here calming my impatience and helping me to ride these unsettling waves. One day, the infection will be gone and I'll be sailing calm seas again. The important thing is to keep my eyes and ears on Jesus, and remain calm in him while these turbulent waters rage.  It is a lesson for all of us.

Bro. Rene

Dear God, when storms arise in my life, help me to remain calm in the knowledge that you are with me and there is nothing to fear or be discouraged about.

No comments:

Post a Comment