Tuesday, January 3, 2023

God's Chosen One

.

John 1: 29-34

John Testifies About Jesus

29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! 30 This is the one I meant when I said, ‘A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ 31 I myself did not know him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that he might be revealed to Israel.”

32 Then John gave this testimony: “I saw the Spirit come down from heaven as a dove and remain on him. 33 And I myself did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’ 34 I have seen and I testify that this is God’s Chosen One.”

John points his hearers and us to Jesus, the Chosen One, He who takes away the sins of the world.  John did great things during his preaching career, but  only to prepare the way for his cousin, Jesus, who would do even greater things. As we proceed through this Christmas Season and approach it's end on Sunday, may we listen to John and focus on Jesus. Our secular world has already removed its Christmas decorations (put up too soon) and is now promoting Valentine's Day, and in some places, the Easter Bunny!  All wrong as far as the meaning of Christmas goes.  Let us continue and increase our dedication to the Son of God, and allow his Spirit to work in us to continue his work of  preaching the Good News and saving souls

Bro. Rene.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment