Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Take My Yoke Upon You

Matthew 11:28-30 - YouTube

  Matthew 11: 28-30

Find Rest For Your Souls

 28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

This familiar passage never fails to satisfy our longing for union with Jesus, especially when our own burdens or those of others which we might be asked to help carry, get too heavy and we feel not only tired and weary, but crushed flat to the ground.  Jesus reminds us that we can't carry these weighty matters alone; we need HIM, with his gentleness, humility and boundless strength. His yoke is easy and his burden is light. Jesus, without you I cannot carry ;my own burdens, let alone the burdens of others who come to me for help. May I accept your invitation to learn from you and allow you to bring peace and solace to my weary soul and body. Amen.

 Bro. Rene

Jesus, we hear the world around us saying your burden is heavy and your yoke is too difficult, but you have told us it’s not. Your burden is light and your yoke is freeing. Serving you is sweetness. Sustain us as we continue in your service. Amen.

 Rev. Vincent Nguyen, C.S.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment