Friday, December 2, 2022

Spiritual Sight

 Two Blind Men Healed, Matthew 9:27-31, June 15, 2020 ((English subtitle ...

 Matthew 9: 27-31

Jesus Heals Two Blind Men

27 And as Jesus passed on from there, two blind men followed him, crying aloud, “Have mercy on us, Son of David.” 28 When he entered the house, the blind men came to him, and Jesus said to them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?” They said to him, “Yes, Lord.” 29 Then he touched their eyes, saying, “According to your faith be it done to you.” 30 And their eyes were opened. And Jesus sternly warned them, “See that no one knows about it.” 31 But they went away and spread his fame through all that district.

Interestingly enough, the blind men do not ask Jesus directly for sight, but for mercy.  His response is a question about their faith:  do that have it?  And according to it, he grants their wish.  When we are in need, or are besieged by others who come to us for their needs, do we respond as Jesus did, or do we respond with anger, annoyance, refusal or a begrudging  "OK I'll give you what you want.  Drain me to death, as long as you get what YOU want"?  Lord, purify me, and help me give as lavishly as you did  and still do! 

Bro. Rene


Lord, there are many kinds of blindness. I know that I am blind at times about what I should do or how I should live. In my blindness I pass by someone who needs a kind word or a helping hand. Improve my vision so that I can see what you want me to do and whom you want me to help. Amen.

Rev. Thomas McNally, C.S.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment