Sunday, July 5, 2020

Come To Me

In these days of limited activity, limited contact, masks, fears, violent attacks on people and history, and uncertainty of the future, we are in desperate need of a stabilizing force. Jesus says to us: "Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn form me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy and my burden light. (Mt 11:26-30)  We need to hear this invitation, as familiar as it is, now and again and again.  Where else will we find the strength, the comfort and consolation we need during these trying (to say the least), times. Jesus is that stabilizing force, that strength and assurance we need that we can and will survive these challenges with his help.  We need Jesus now, more than in anytime in our past lives. We see how weak we are without him, but hear his promise of rest, and that he is right there with us to help us carry this yoke of back-breaking dimensions, perhaps the heaviest we have ever experienced in our lives.  Let us take some time today to be with Jesus and take advantage of his love and grace to see us through this day and the days ahead.
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment