Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Accepting God's Will

In today's Gospel from Mark 3: 31-35, Jesus opens his family to all who do the will of his Father:  "For whoever does the will of God is my brother and sister and mother." (Mk 3:35).  Before we DO the will of God, we must first accept it, then move on it.  Mary sets the example for us in words very much like "Here I am, Lord; I come to do your will." (Ps 40: 8a,9a).  "I am the servant of the Lord.  Let it be done to me as you say." (Lk 1:38)  In the Garden of Gethsemane, we hear Jesus say, "Father, if it is your will, take this cup from me; yet not my will but yours be done." (Lk 22: 42). Not an easy thing to DO God's will, and even more challenging is to KNOW God's.  Ask young adults discerning God's will for what direction their life should take, especially if they are considering the priesthood or consecrated life. The simple prayer, "Lord, what do you want me to do?" will eventually yield an answer through and inner voice or as the pieces of a puzzle come together. Once accepted, God's will is doable by the grace he gives for every step of the way.
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment