Sunday, July 8, 2018

Strength in Weakness

Like all of us, St. Paul was plagued with a "thorn in the flesh", some pain, ache, unwanted tendency; scholars are not sure what he refers to, but conclude that it was some sort of  "weakness" that humbled him and reminded him of his humanity and his need to ask for "outside help" "Three times I begged the Lord about this, that it might leave me, but he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness." (2 Cor 12:9)  With Paul as our model we can take courage when we look at ourselves and try to use our weakness as an excuse not to respond fully to the invitations he sends us to move to the next level, or attempt what we consider impossible or what we are unworthy of.  We can hide behind our weakness and miss the opportunity to let God use us, weaknesses and all, to do great things for him.  With Paul we can say, "I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses, in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me.  Therefore, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions and constraints, for the sake of Christ; for when I am weak, then I am strong,"  ( 2 Cor 12: 10)
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment