Saturday, September 30, 2017

Making A difference

"Make a Difference" has almost become a cliche.  It is used so often that its power might be lost.  Another way of saying it would be: my family, my community, my "world" small or large is better because of my presence.  I am making a difference, I'm making it BETTER.  What a compliment, and accomplishment!  And if thhis could be said of every reader of Bro. Rene's Daily Bread, or every parishioner, every student, every professional, indeed with Louie Armstrong we could sing, "What a Wonderful World!. 
One such man, whose memorial we celebrate, did make the world a better place by his presence and work:  St. Jerome, who translated the Scriptures from Hebrew and Greek into the language of the common people at the time, Latin.  What a beak through his Vulgate was, withstanding the test of time for 1500 years! 
We might not have such a global effect, but our reaching out, our sharing of ourselves, our gifts, our presence, can still have a knock out effect on our immediate surroundings.  Let us unlock the goodness within, let it out and better our world.
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment