Saturday, July 30, 2016

Is My Heart Ready?

It's Saturday again...another Saturday dedicated to Our Blessed Mother. Let us pray these words from Psalm 57: 8-12 which might be considered precursors to Mary's Magnificat:
My heart is ready, O God,
my heart is ready.
I will sing, I will sing your praise.
Awake, my soul,
awake, lyre and harp,
I will awake the dawn.

I will thank you, Lord, among the peoples,
among the nations, I will praise you
for your love reaches to the heavens
and your truth to the skies.

O Lord, arise above the heavens;
may your glory shine on earth.!     

May we make this our morning prayer, not only today, but as often as we can, everyday if possible.  Availability, readiness, praise, thanksgiving, focus on God, not self: truly Marian attitudes, Marist attitudes, that will help us be the face of Mary in our daily interactions and prayer.
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment