Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Secure In Jesus

The Good Shepherd continues his description of his incredible and infinite love for his sheep (us):
"My sheep hear my voice: in know them and they follow me.  I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish.  No one can take them our of my hand."  (Jn 10:27-28).  He holds on to us tightly, jealously. A further elaboration of this binding love comes to us in today's word in God Calling:
Truly the Christian Life--life with Me--is a Love story.  Leave all to Me.
All you have missed you will find in Me, the Soul's Lover, the Soul's Friend, Father--
Mother--Comrade--Brother.  Try Me.
You cannot make too many demands upon Me--nor put too great a strain upon My Love and Forbearance.
Claim--claim--claim--Healing--Power--Joy--Supply--what you will.  God Calling, p. 84.
Jesus can't make it clear enough: we are secure in him.  All we have to do is believe it and live it.
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment