Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Cheerful Giving/Accepting

Note: Traffic got really heavy yesterday morning, after posting the slice on the ice cream truck, and it wasn't till the end of the day that I was able to see it and realize that some good had occurred even after spending hours on the phone with a computer technician who showed me an enormous amount of "infection" and Trojan viruses, signed me up for 7 years for $467.00, and then left me without a connection to the internet! I'm using my i-pad now, which is enabling this post. The laptop is undergoing further study and I hope will be functioning soon. The ice cream is a virus free computer, and another day to continue posting on my little used I-Pad.

St. Paul urges the Church at Corinth to be generous with their resources as he makes a plea for the Church in Jerusalem, which, because of famine, is suffering gross want. His message is true today on the financial level as well as on the attitudinal level as he tells US that to sow sparingly is to reap sparingly, while sowing bountifully will reap a bountiful harvest. (2 Cor 9:6- 7). God does not hold back in lavishing his gifts on us and sets the example of how we should share our time, talent and monetary resources with those who have less. It has always been our Marist Way to serve the "least favored" and to do so cheerfully and lovingly. When doing so, we always seem to have all that we need, as if God keeps filling our rice bowls while we sleep. If we reach out generously, we will be surprised again and again, how our gift multiplies and comes back to us one hundred fold. As we practice cheerful giving, we might also apply being cheerful as we accept the "traffic" that comes unexpectedly to our day...those monkey wrenches which thwart our plans, or use up what little time we have. Dear God, help me to give and accept all with a cheerful heart.
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment