Saturday, March 28, 2015

Have I Seen and Believed?

Note:  There should be two slices of Bread today.


As we draw closer to Holy Week, we see the conflict between Jesus and the Pharisees.  Many folks had seen the wonderful works of Jesus which brought them closer to the notion that Jesus was the Messiah.  Others saw the same signs and wonders and did not believe.  The Pharisees saw these things too, but, fearful of losing control of the people who were flocking to Jesus, they planned to kill him.  It's amazing how perceptions and subsequent actions can be so different.  Yet we know this phenomenon to be true in our own lives.  Our question then for today and Holy Week is, after all the efforts I've made to spend more time with Jesus during Lent, to fast, pray and give alms, have I seen Jesus more clearly, have I come to know, love and believe in him more profoundly?  Am I excited about what I have seen and learned?  Am I more deeply in love with Jesus?  Can I call him my best friend?  Am I willing to lay down my life for him as he was for me?  Ponder these questions while praying, even while driving or during those "commercial breaks" in our busy daily routines.  There's still time left to see and believe.
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment