Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Looking for Stability

For the past three weeks blizzards and threats of more storms have disrupted businesses, schools, and life in general. "Will it, or won't it?" "When?" "How much?" We hear it everywhere.
We lose track of days, plans are disrupted, and we forget even those things we wanted to do that "absolutely HAD to be done." As always, the Scriptures come through to "settle us down" and remind us of what we know, what usually is so obvious to us, but what has been lost in the shuffle.

"O send forth your light and your truth;
let these be my guide.
Let them bring me to your holy mountain
to he place where you dwell.

And I will come to the altar of God,
the God of my joy.
My redeemer, I will thank you on the harp,
O God, my God

Why are you cast down my soul,
why groan within me?
Hope in God; I will praise him still,
my savior and my God. (Ps 43: 3-5)

Paul writes to Timothy and us: "God saved us and called us to a holy life, not acording to our works but according to his own design and the grace bestowed on us in Christ Jesus before time began....Take as your norm the sound words that you heard from me, in the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus." (2 Tim 1: 9, 13)

With these words to anchor us down, "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow."
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment