Wednesday, April 17, 2019

"Surely It Is Not I?"

In Matthew's account of the betrayal, Judas received 30 pieces of silver, and sought an opportune moment to hand Jesus over to the chief priests.  Like a person intent on suicide, there's no turning back.  And Judas, heart already hardened, hides his intent with the innocent question, "Surely it is not I, Rabbi?" (Mt 26: 25). He knew he was the "one" as surely as Jesus did, "You have said so." (Mt 26:25).
Jesus knows our inmost thoughts, our "secret sins" yet constantly invites us to own up to them, offering us over and over again his mercy and forgiveness.  But so often, like Judas, we persist in our pattern of sin and refuse his offer. Yes, there is a Judas in each one of us; may the power of Jesus's love prevail and give us the peace we seek.Perhaps this prayer by Matthew Kelly will help us admit our fault and seek forgiveness.
The Prayer of Transformation:
Lord,
Here I am.
I trust that you have an incredible plan for me.
Transform me. Transform my life.
Everything is on the table.
Take what you want to take and give what you want to give.
I make myself 100 percent available to you today.
Transform me into the person you created me to be, so I can live the life you envisioned for me at the beginning of time.
I hold nothing back.
I am 100 percent available.
Lead me, challenge me, encourage me, and open my eyes to all your possibilities.
Show me what it is you want me to do, and I will do it.
Amen.

Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment