Thursday, June 1, 2023

I Want To See

 

Mark 10:46-52

Blind Bartimaeus Receives His Sight

46 Then they came to Jericho. As Jesus and his disciples, together with a large crowd, were leaving the city, a blind man, Bartimaeus (which means “son of Timaeus”), was sitting by the roadside begging. 47 When he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to shout, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!”

48 Many rebuked him and told him to be quiet, but he shouted all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!”

49 Jesus stopped and said, “Call him.”

So they called to the blind man, “Cheer up! On your feet! He’s calling you.” 50 Throwing his cloak aside, he jumped to his feet and came to Jesus.

51 “What do you want me to do for you?” Jesus asked him.

The blind man said, “Rabbi, I want to see.”

52 “Go,” said Jesus, “your faith has healed you.” Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus along the road.

We marvel at the determination and directness of Bartimaeus:  He desperately wanted to see and made his desire known directly and without compromise. "I want to see." Jesus saw his faith and immediately answered his request. The question always arises: Do I pray with such faith and assurance that simply asking will gain the desired results? Many of us can say that we thought we prayed with faith but failed to receive the desired answer. What went wrong? The answer has always been, " You actually didn't have enough faith," or "God has another plan for you that is better than your request."  Whatever the result of our prayer, we can be assured that God hears us and in HIS GOOD TIME, he will grant what is BEST for us. A prayer to Bartimeus might help us to pray with his faith.

Bro. Rene

Dear God, when I think I've prayed with deep faith, let me truly turn my heart over to you and accept whatever answer you give me. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment