Thursday, August 1, 2019

Thank God for the Net

Jesus likens the Kingdom of heaven to a net thrown into the sea and bringing up fish of every kind. (Mt 13:47).  Yet, there comes a moment of reckoning when the "good" are sorted from the undesirable, which are thrown away.  When I stray, or when I'm spiritually attacked by an obvious demon who wants "like hell" to discourage or trick me with all kinds of gimmicks, interruptions, or monkey wrenches of every sort, I thank God for the net...his loving care, compassion and mercy as experienced in the sacrament of Reconciliation, which lifts me to safety before the final sorting on the beach. I am thrown into the bucket with the other good fish and given a chance to keep going in the rights direction or to start again. Knowing well, "what is in us" Jesus created this safety net which never seems to break or wear out. We will wear out before it does. Smile, and let the net pull you free.
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment