Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Our Daily Cup

Responding to the desire of the ambitious mother of James and John for Jesus to place them at his right and left, Jesus poses a question:  "Can you drink the chalice that I am going to drink?" Not fully aware of what that cup might contain, they eagerly answer, "We can."  (cf. Mt 20: 24). 
If the question were posed to us, we might give the same answer.  It is asked of us, however, as we begin each day.  We don't know what lies ahead for us and we might think that we can handle anything, but we might be biting off a bigger chunk than we can handle.  Best to say humbly, , "With your help, Jesus, I will do my best to swallow what's in my daily cup, for with you I can do anything, but without you I can do nothing."
Bro Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment