Wednesday, May 24, 2017

The Gift Of The Spirit

On this day before the Ascension, we look forward to the sending of the Holy Spirit 10 days hence on Pentecost.  We will be praying daily, Come, Holy Spirit, for he is not only the Advocate, but the Consoler, the Comforter.  In this world of endless tension, where else can we find comfort and peace except in this divine Gift. the Third Person of the Blessed Trinity?  This prayer to the Holy Spirit, taken from Marist Illuminations, prayers in the Marist Tradition from Marist High School in Chicago, might be helpful today as we begin the day, and even as we end it.  We might also make it our prayer between the Ascension and Pentecost to grow in our appreciation of this event and our love of the Holy Spirit:
Breathe into me, Holy Spirit, that all my thoughts may be holy. Move in me, Holy Spirit. that my words too may be holy.  Attract my heart, Holy Spirit, that I may love only what is holy.  Strengthen me, Holy Spirit, that I may defend all that is holy. Protect me, Holy Spirit, that I always may be holy.  Amen. (p. 18)
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment