Friday, May 19, 2017

Friends

The love shared between friends cannot be measured, as with love itself, as St. Bernard said, "The measure of love is to love without measure."  In this morning's passage, Jesus elaborates on his major commandment: "...love one another as I have loved you.  No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends.  You are my friends if you do what I command you."  (Jn 15: 12-13).  We call Jesus, Lord, Savior, Son of God, but he calls himself, FRIEND.  How that resonates with us who so cherish and treasure the love of our friends, of our best friend.  Yes, like Jesus, there's no limit to what we do for our friends, and in some cases, even lay down our lives for them.  It might be good today as we walk or drive to say over and over again.  Jesus, you are my friend, my best friend, thank you for being there for me always.
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment