Saturday, January 16, 2016

Letting Jesus Heal Us

Little children like to "do it myself".  We've heard this over and over, and have to admit that this nugget sticks with us as adults.  A certain stubbornness refuses to allow others, yes, even Jesus , to intervene and give us a helping hand.  Only when we get very desperate do we allow a momentary lift.  Why are we so reluctant to refuse the loving hand of Jesus to help us?  We marvel at the miraculous cures recorded in the Gospels, but refuse that same help in our daily life.  Yes, when we are sick or are asked to pray for someone else who is in need, we turn to Jesus, but with our daily dealings with others, with our little projects, we rely solely, on ourselves...at least I do.  Am I ashamed to admit that I need help, that I can't do it myself?  It's not to late to let that stubborn child grow and are realize that Jesus came to save us from our sins, our weaknesses, and we are thwarting his mission as well as causing ourselves needless stress when we rely solely on ourselves.
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment