Friday, May 2, 2014

Thoughts from a Wheelchair

How little attention do we give to our ability to walk on two feet, to bend down and pick up something we've dropped, to kneel in prayer, to get in and out of a car, to drive, to get right up from a chair...to go and do whatever we want, whenever we want. When these routine things are taken away, then do we appreciate them. We become even more aware of the goodness and kindness of others as they shower us with cards,e-mails phone calls and prayers.
Last night I was able to attend a bit of the Art Expo and all of the band concert at Central Catholic. How I appreciated what I saw and heard as well as the well wishes from students, faculty and parents.. This is all part of the "gift" that was this accident on Easter Sunday.
I will walk again, and do all of the above, but I hope I don't lose the perspective I now have from this wheelchair.
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment