Wednesday, May 7, 2014

He Does Not Want To Lose Us

Jesus states very explicitly that his mission is to save us, rescue us, not let us slip away. "And this is the will of the one who sent me, that I should not lose anything of what he gave me, but that I should raise it up on the last day." (Jn 6: 39). It's amazing to see how he does this, using us as his instruments to catch others before they stray too far. A college sophomore wrote and told me how he has been bringing his room mate and another friend to Mass during their Finals, and how last night they walked the stations of the cross outside playing Catholic Trivia! A high school senior, filled with Holy Spirit gave the sermon in his church the Sunday after Easter. Another senior, filled with the Spirit, spoke convincingly at a retreat and helped the retreatants come to a greater love of Jesus. How many times is this pattern becoming more and more visible as Jesus makes every effort not to lose any one of us? How is he using you and me today?
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment