Thursday, August 23, 2012

Keeping Perspective

As we approach Labor Day weekend, it might be a good time to stop and look back over the summer.  Did I let little annoyances distract or upset me, or am I able to keep my focus on the summit of the mountain and not be ovecome by the stones and branches I find on the path....those little things that can sap my energy and pre-occupy me to the point where I make no forward progress at all?  Through the prophet Ezekiel, God tells us that HE wants to put a new heart within us, a natural heart to replace our heart of stone (Ez 36:27) and Jesus tells us we are invited to a wedding feast (Mt 22: 1-2) but so often we ignore the invitation, side-tracked as we are by those little annoyances, like a slow computer, or the red warning light on our dashboard.  What really matters?  Prayer allows us to sort and choose.  Lord, please help me to set aside some time today and in the week ahead to take a careful look at my path and your promises and invitations, and make the necessary adjustments. Amen.
Bro. Rene
I will be on retreat for the next week, (doing the above) and will not have access to a computer.  This slice of daily bread will have to do for the week.  Taken seriously, I think it can.

No comments:

Post a Comment