Monday, April 23, 2012

"Rabbi, How Did You Get Here?"

After feeding the five thousand, and walking on water to the boat some of his disciples were sailing, others, searching for him, finally found him on the other side of the Sea of Galilee and asked him how he got there?  This is a good question for us to ask ourselves?  "How did we get here?"  Our paths have taken ways that far surpassed our dreams or plans; twists, turns, people events, which came totally out of the blue have brought us to where we are today. 
This came dramatically home to me as I relived the past ten years and beyond with many of my former students, both from Wheeling and Rwanda.  It was an amazing collage of stories that have brought undreamed of success to them, yet at the same time, remembering where they came from and how they got there, has kept them humble and peppers their tales of success.  One man is now a consultant for Best Buy.  His comment, "I'm just a kid from Rwanda, and these Americans listen to my advice as if I were directly from God.!"   God is never outdone in humor and never outdone in what he can do with the mearest clay. 
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment