Thursday, September 1, 2011

Anniversaries

Please forgive the brevity of this post.  Bloggerdashboard has changed the format and it has taken most of my time to navigate to the compose location.
All of us have special days that we label anniversaries.  We remember that on "this day" we were born, married, started school, a new job, etc.  They are days when we sit back, note the passage of time and all that has come to pass since that innaugural event.   And so it is, if I may speak personally, for me today.  On September 1, 1959, at age 19, I entered St. Joseph's Novitiate in Tyngsborough, MA to begin my formation as a Marist Brother.  My father, brother Raymond and cousin Brian accompanied me.  It was raining slightly.  My clothing was packed in a large cardboard box in which our new TV had arrived earlier that summer.  Novices welcomed us and after a brief tour, my family left and I entered a 30 day period of disconnect from them.  In that month, I bit into the life of a postulant with all my being, and began the odyssey which has brought me to today, 52 years later. At our first family visit in October, I regaled them with stories of what it was like (as much as I knew then) to be a brother.   At Mass this morning I will offer prayers of thanks for all that has been, is and will be, and for ALL, including you readers, who are part of this glorious life.
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment