Monday, September 2, 2019

What We Have To Give

Jesus began his ministry in his hometown by reading a stirring passage from Isaiah 61, "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,/ because he has anointed me/ to bring glad tidings to the poor./ He has sent me/ to proclaim liberty to captives/ and recovery of sight to the blind,/ to let the oppressed go free,/ and to proclaim a year acceptable to the Lord." (Is 61: 1-2). At first, all spoke highly of him and were amazed at his gracious words,  Then their thoughts crept to his origins...son of a carpenter...what qualification was that?  Finally the mood turned to fury and they wanted to push him off a cliff.  (Cf. Lk 4:16-30).  How fast opinions change, yet Jesus had a mission as he clearly understood and stated.  That's what he had to give, and did.
What is my mission?  What do I have to give?  Am I as faithful to my call as Jesus was  to his?
Bro Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment