Monday, February 12, 2024

Looking For A Sign

 

 Mk 8:11-13

 Give Us A Sign

11 The Pharisees came and began to question Jesus. To test him, they asked him for a sign from heaven. 12 He sighed deeply and said, “Why does this generation ask for a sign? Truly I tell you, no sign will be given to it.” 13 Then he left them, got back into the boat and crossed to the other side.

How easy life would be if there were clear signs directing our choices and reassuring us that we were on the right path. And yet if we are faithful to prayer, if we reflect daily on the Gospel, we DO see the signs we need in the words and actions of Jesus.  We might better hear him say, "Listen carefully to what I tell you through my words and actions recorded in the Scriptures or what I speak to you in the depths of your soul...I am not far from you but with you every step of the way.  Trust me, heed my advice, do my will and follow me."  Good advice on the threshold of Lent.

Bro. Rene

Dear Jesus, open my ears, eyes and heart to see the signs you have placed on my path, and give me the grace to follow them with confidence, trust and love. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment