Wednesday, November 2, 2022

God Wills Our Salvation

 

 John 6: 37-40

37 All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

We consecrate this day to remembering all the dead, particularly those of our own family, whom we forget over time in our busyness.   We need to be reminded that our prayers are effective and those who have gone before us need them, for none of us is perfect. This day reminds us of this and as we pray for the deceased, let us also pray for ourselves and one another, the living, who are still striving to live according to God's will and the teachings of Jesus, for God wants all of us to be with him for all eternity.

Bro. Rene


Heavenly Father, we ask that you gather to yourself all who believe. On this All Soul’s Day, we find consolation in your promise of love for your people. Hold close to your heart those who mourn the loss of a parent, friend, child, or family member. Increase our faith in your gift of eternal life. We ask this through Christ our Lord, Amen.

 Rev. Ricky Bevington, C.S.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment