Tuesday, September 20, 2022

When Jesus Is My Brother

 Luke 8: 19-21

Jesus’ Mother and Brothers

19 Now Jesus’ mother and brothers came to see him, but they were not able to get near him because of the crowd. 20 Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to see you.”

21 He replied, “My mother and brothers are those who hear God’s word and put it into practice.”

This simple reply of Jesus gives us much food for thought:  Would I even want to be his brother or mother?, If yes, then how far would I be willing to go in putting God's word into practice in my life?  Doing so requires a whole new mindset and way of acting...an "other-centered person",  a "servant-leader" a dedicated selfless disciple. Am I called to this?  Am I willing to answer the call?  Is being a brother of Jesus a strong enough incentive for me to change my life?

Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment