Thursday, July 15, 2021

True Rest

Matthew 11: 28-30 

Come to me

2Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”

As short as these verses are, they are wide-spread favorites and very familiar to Christians and non-Christians alike.  There's something soothing, comforting and refreshing about them.  Jesus knows that the earthly life of each one of us is laden with situations and demands that we can hardly bear. It is these burdens that Jesus wants to help us carry. Would that he would just make them disappear, but that is not the case, for they are occasions for us to acknowledge our need for him, and to realize that without his help, we would be crushed. May we not simply ponder this command/invitation, but put it into practice daily. 

Bro. Rene 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment