Friday, May 4, 2018

Loving With God's Love

Loving with God's love, seems to be a tall order...too tall?  Yet, the commandment from Jesus is:  "love one another as I have loved you. No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends." (Jn 15:12)  What he ordered, he did, laying down his life on the cross for all of us.  Most of us won't be crucified, but we might be asked to give up our plans, give up a job, or even a kidney, (as many family members and friends have one), for a greater good.  Self melts away (dies) in such an act and we have a taste of what Jesus meant.  What will Jesus ask of me today as I go about my work, my interaction with others?  How many inches will he ask me to extend myself beyond what I thought were my limits for today?  Jesus not only set the example, but will give us the power.  Jesus, help me to love as you do. Amen.
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment