Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Come To Me

Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn f rom me, for I am meek and mumble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden light. (Mt 11:28-30)
In Sweden, December 13th is the longest night as the sun will rise and set a bit earlier from the 14th on.  It is also called Lucia Night, (Lucia meaning LIGHT) and coincides with the Memorial of St. Lucy (Santa Lucia).  A young girl wearing a crown of candles and wearing a white robe makes her appearance to dispel the darkness, and special dishes and sweets are served.  Truly a celebration of LIGHT.
Jesus offers himself as one who is willing to take  upon himself our burdens, to lighten our load, to fill us with the light of hope and love.  He invites us during Advent to take advantage of the Sacrament of Reconciliation as well as to seek quiet moments of communion with him so that we may unload what's bothering us on him, and find that rest, that peace that only he can offer.  Take time to reflect on, to chew on, to digest the verses above, and welcome the invitation of the Light of the World to come to him.
Bro. Rene






















No comments:

Post a Comment