Thursday, May 26, 2016

"I Want To See"

The blind Bartimeus, when asked what he wanted, stated clear, "I want to see." (Mk 10: 51). Isn't this something we all want?  Yes, we may not be physically blind, but we are certainly blind to the future; often blind to our defects or how certain quirks of ours irritate others; blind to the effect an offhand comment might have on others; blind to what God is trying to do in our lives; blind the to hidden blessings that come with illness, job loss, or simply growing old and not being able to do all that we once did.  Our blindness is not voluntary, though we know we can so easily close our eyes to the needs of people around us or around the globe.  Perhaps this is our most serious blindness which truly separates us from others, and, if we realize it, causes us to cry out with Bartimeus, "I want to see."  Not only want, but NEED to see.  Lord, cure me of my blindness that with open eyes I may see you in the people around me, and especially those in most need, and like you, offer what I can to help them.
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment