Friday, August 7, 2015

Remebering With The Heart



Today's responsorial psalm response is:  "I remember the deeds of the Lord."  If I may be personal for a moment, this is a fitting response for my 75th birthday.   How can I fully thank the Lord for the experience of his love over three quarters of a century?  Volumes could be written, and perhaps someday will, but I find that remembering with the heart, not just the head, brings up the feelings attached to those memories and the people who are part of them.  Mary pondered events in her heart, she remembered with her heart, and it brought her closer to the God who was the author of her history.  Might I suggest that "remembering with the heart", pondering the Lord's mighty deeds not only in the history of the world, but in our own personal history will bring us closer to him, and fill us with gratitude.  What return shall we make to the Lord?  A life of joy, love, service to others, in small ways or as big ways as we can.  An ever-expanding love that embraces all, is the result of closer imitation of our all loving God.  Let's not fear to go there and "just do it."
Bro. Rene













No comments:

Post a Comment