Thursday, November 5, 2009

Partners in Pain

There's a cheery thought for a gray November day, but recently I've become aware of how many of us share some physical, emotional, and even spiritual pain. It's natural for us to think that we are the only ones "going through this", but a bout with sciatia over the past several weeks, and conversation about it and its treatment, unleashed a whole encampment of similar sufferers. It was amazing to me to learn just how many knew what I was talking about because they had gone through the same thing, or worse. Or on another level, how many leaders and folks in prominent positions have told me recently about the hammering, the malignment, the undermining they have experienced because of their stand on doing what is right? All of us have some sort of thorn sticking in our side, or some painful burden to face and carry.
Just this morning as I prayed, God sent this word to us: "It is the LORD who marches before you: he will be with you and will never fail you or forsake you. So do not fear or be dismayed." (Deut. 31:8) And again, in Psalm 27:
"The Lord is my light and my salvation;
whom do I fear?
the Lord is my life's refuge;
of whom am I afraid?
When evildoers come at me
to devour my flesh,
These my enemies and foes
themselves stumble and fall.
Though an army encamp against me,
my heart does not fear;
Though war be waged against me,
even then do I trust." (Psalm 27 1-3)
We are not alone. Let us lock arms with God, our Refuge, each other, the Holy Souls and Saints who have "been there, done that", and find the strength we need. I suggest you read the rest of Psalm 27 for further encouragement.
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment