Thursday, October 29, 2009

Blessed Assurance

Just yeterday I was asked the question, "How long do I have to pray before I get an answer?" How many of us have asked the same question? However, I think we are really asking, "How long do I have to pray before I get the answer I WANT?!" The apparent "delay" might be there to help us come to understand that God is "in charge", not us. The purpose of prayer is to bring us into a union of love and harmony with God and his plans for each of us. "I know the plans I have for you" says the Lord, plans of fullness, not of harm, to give you a future and a hope" (Jer. 29:11).
And St. Paul gives us these reassuring words as well: "I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor present things, nor future things, nor powers nor hgigh, nor depth, nor any other creature will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.: (Romans 8:38-39). Have we no other choice, then, but to humbly silence our protests, whining and anxieties, to LISTEN to what God wants to tell us, and to find our peace by trusting this All-Good and All-loving God? God wants to hear from us, but also wants us to remember in his time, in his way, not ours.
Blessings,
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment