Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Steadfast In Your Paths

With tales of violence and counter violence filling the media these days, or with glitches, big and small, or challenges besieging us on every side, we turn with the Psalmist to God for help.  Where else can we go?  Slowly, prayerfully, pray these verses from Psalm 17 and find calmness and peace again.
Hear, O Lord, a just suit,
attend to my outcry;
hearken to my prayer from lips without deceit.

My steps have been steadfast in your paths,
my feet have not faltered.
I call upon you, for you will answer me, O God.
Incline your ear to me; hear my word.

Keep me as the apple of your eye;
hide me in the shadow of your wings.
But I in justice shall behold our face;
on waking, I shall be content in your presence.  (Ps 17: 1-8 )

Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment