Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Praying Before We Serve


Note:  A phone call prevented me from publishing this on Tuesday.  Not sure if I will have internet access tomorrow...so this might be all there is on Wednesday.

Today's (Tuesday's) Gospel (Lk 6:12-19), relates how Jesus chose the Twelve and healed the multitude that had gathered at the foot of the mountain.  Luke tells us that "Jesus departed to the mountain to pray, and spent the whole night in prayer to God." (Lk 6: 12).  I keep being reminded of the need to pray, and try to be consistent, even when no "answers" come, which, these days is infrequently.  The persistence is important as I am reminded time and time again.  Just yesterday, a graduate  for whom I've been praying for six years appeared in my office...the result of my prayers and his goodness so apparent, it was as if God were saying, "Never quit, never give up.  I hear your prayers and will answer them."  Every time I've tried to "spend the whole night in prayer," I end up falling asleep.  Don't know how Jesus did it; perhaps because of  his stamina, or his greater connection with his Father, but the important thing is that he prayed before he made major moves or cured folks.  So too should we, and not give up, even if we can't spend the whole night in prayer. God takes whatever we can do.
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment