Friday, October 2, 2020

Holy Guardians

Memorial of the Holy Guardian Angels
MT 18:1-5,10


The disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” 

He called a child, whom he put among them, and said, “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever becomes humble like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.

“Take care that you do not despise one of these little ones; for, I tell you, in heaven their angels continually see the face of my Father in heaven.”

How blessed we are to have our own personal guide, assigned to us from birth to death, and when we move to heaven, will be our friend for eternity.  How many times have I come close to a horrible accident while driving and actually felt the protection of my angel, Leo?  I should be long dead if it were not for him.  Or how often do I feel his strength and presence when in a difficult situation.  My love for him grows daily, knowing that he is always there, even though I neglect to acknowledge him or thank him.   Sorry, Leo, I will make up for it today when all of us are reminded of this great gift and the need to say THANK YOU!

Bro Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment