Monday, June 4, 2018

"In You, My God, I place my trust."

Psalm 91, used as the responsorial psalm for today's weekday Mass, is often used at funerals in a popular sung version, "On Eagle's Wings."  It is a very consoling and reassuring prayer recounting God's permanent and supportive love and calling us to put our trust in him.
You who dwell in the shelter of the Most High,
who abide in the shadow of the Almighty,
Say to the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."

Because he clings to me, I will deliver him;
I will set him on high because he acknowledges my name.
He shall call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in distress.

I will deliver him and glorify him;
with length of days I will gratify him
and will show him my salvation.

There is a line or two here that is meant for you today.  It will leap out to you and carry you through the day.  Take your time and let it touch your heart.
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment