Wednesday, April 12, 2017

What Have I Gained?

As we look at today's Gospel, we see Judas asking haltingly, "Is it I, Rabbi?" and then running out  to do "what he has to do."  We might ask, how could this man who spent three years with Jesus, face to face, miracle after miracle, plot to betray him?  Yet, here we are, knowing and loving Jesus, being known and loved by him, for much longer than three years, and yet often, maybe even daily, betraying him?  How can we do it?
As we look back over the six weeks of Lent, we might search for the gains we have made, latch on to them and give them a permanent place in our lives, so that the risk of betraying Jesus might be less as we go forward toward Easter and beyond.  If we have been earnest during Lent, these gains should last.  Jesus, help me be faithful to the progress in my spiritual life that you have helped me make.
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment