Saturday, January 14, 2017

A Two-edged Sword

"The word of God is living and effective, sharper than a two-edged sword, penetrating even between soul and spirit, joints and marrow, and able to discern reflections and thoughts of the heart." (Heb 4:12). These words could be frightening or consoling:  we could imagine "Big Brother" scrutinizing every word or action, GOD SEES YOU, or yes, the God who knows the far reaches of our endless universe, also knows and sees the goodness that lies deep within me even better than I do, so that, being on "my side," he encourages me to "confidently approach the throne of grace to receive mercy and to find grace for timely help." (Heb 4:16).  Not to fear this two-edged sword, but to see it as a defense weapon that enables me to carry on with life knowing that I have an ally who sees me to the core of my being and is able not only to sympathize with my weakness but also to strengthen my goodness. Lord, you know me, you know when I sit and when I stand; nothing is hidden from you, I walk, then, with joyful confidence to carry out the day's tasks with you within me and beside me.
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment