Monday, October 10, 2016

Seeking Signs

The desire for a "sign" resides in all of us.  We seek a sign in making a career choice, answering a call to the priesthood or religious life, or even who to vote for.  The people who heard Jesus and saw his healings also asked for a sign, exasperating him who was present right before their eyes.  Humans can be "blind",  I can be blind and miss the obvious. Thank God that he is patient with us and from time to time does give us a sign that seems to pop up from the nowhere, or from the obvious.
Today I leave for Fatima, where I've never been, and then go to  Manziana, Italy, where I visited briefly in 1999, and this Scripture verse just "happened to pop up" this morning:   "I will lead the blind on their journey;/ by paths unknown, I will guide them./ I will turn their darkness into light before them,/ and make crooked ways straight. These things I do for them,/ and I will not forsake them." (Is 42:16).  These words were written 700 years before Christ, yet they apply to me TODAY and to what lies ahead on this Sabbatical!  God's love is always present and, knowing us intimately, gives us a boost now and then to reassure us that he's with us.
You will all be in my prayers and I will try to send a daily slice of bread.
Bro. Rene 

No comments:

Post a Comment