Saturday, September 3, 2016

Labor Day Weekend

For citizens of the United States of America, Labor Day weekend represents "the last weekend of summer"....vacations for the most part, are over, schools are reopening, the weather is cooler and new opportunities lie ahead.  It is a "long weekend" with a holiday on Monday, and a last fling at relaxation, time with family, or the completion of long-overdue chores, if people so choose.  Might it also be a time to look back in gratitude for the gift of the summer months...the flowers, the warmth, the abundance of sun, vacations, service experiences, or whatever else God has seen fit to give us?  During this "long weekend", might we find some moments to sit quietly in gratitude and soak in the memories of what we did over the summer and give God the thanks and credit due to him, for all comes from him?  Lord, in humility, I thank you for the countless blessings of the past three months and acknowledge that what you gave was better than I had anticipated. Let me learn more and more how you are with me and constantly invite me to rest in you and find my purpose in you. Amen.
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment