Saturday, June 18, 2016

With Mary Beside Me

Our African Marist Youth end their gatherings with a catchy little song the capsulizes the place of Mary in our Marist Spirituality.  Since Saturdays are dedicated to her, here is a taste of the song the students at Camp Champagnat learned and sang with the gusto of our African counter-parts:
Refrain:
With Mary beside me all of my life,
I follow in the footsteps of Champagnat.
With Mary beside me all me life,
I go to meet Jesus, my friend.
Verse 1:
You've won me over, Lord
in the stillness of my soul.
With all my heart I say:
"I love you, my Lord."
Verse 2
Responding to the Lord
With a YES throughout your life,
O Mary  show me how
to say my YES today.
Verse 3:
O Father Champagnat,
We have confidence in you
As pilgrims here below
we follow in your steps.
(The melody can be found on google or You Tube.)
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment