Monday, February 8, 2016

Transformation Vs Tweaking

Sometimes we feel as if we are "cage fighting" with our worst opponent:  ourselves!  St. Paul said it years ago and it's still true today:  "For the good that I would, I do not, but the evil which I would not, that I do"  (Rm 7:19).  In order to win this battle, we need to do two things:  transform our lives, not just simply some cosmetic tweaking, and, admitting that we can't do this alone, as past efforts have shown us, ASK our Father to do it for us.  With Ash Wednesday right around the corner, we have 40 days ahead of us for some serious work on ourselves, especially on breaking down the "pride barrier" and humbling asking him to do in us what needs to be done.
Matthew Kelly gives us a simple but powerful prayer, which, when said from the heart, can give us the blue-print for our Lent.  I don't think he'd mind if I quote it:
Loving Father,
Here I am.
I trust that you have an incredible plan for me.
Transform me.  Transform my life.
Everything is on the table.
Take what you want to take and give what you want to give.
Transform me into the person you created me to be,
so I can live the life you envision for me.
I hold nothing back;
I am 100% available.
How can I help?
Amen.    (Matthew Kelly, Rediscover Jesus, an Invitation....p. 103.)
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment