Monday, July 13, 2015

God Always Wants To Give More

As any loving Father, our God cannot give us enough.  When we think he's reached his limit so that we dare not ask for more, he surprises us with something else.  Speaking about our Marist Missionary efforts in Rwanda, the Philippines, Liberia and Bangladesh (those four were chosen as our focus this year), I not only sparked conversation after Mass, but was surprised to meet friends and former Marist students from the past. Even more so was the Gospel for that day, which is the one that sparked me to go to Rwanda, and the singing of Be Not Afraid, my favorite, which I sang constantly on my walk from Assisi to Rome in 1977.  These were those unexpected treats, the surprises, the assurances that God is there as ever with the lollipops I found so abundantly given on my walk.  When doubts arise, just wait...we don't even have to ask...God will show us that he is there, knowing every thought, every need.   It takes trust...but his gifts increase that trust.  And that's what he wants!
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment