Thursday, May 7, 2015

Come To Me

When pain and suffering, either ours or that of others hit hard and unexpectedly, it's natural to wonder why the God we serve so faithfully should strike us down with the force of a tornado. Where is the loving God, the God of healing, the God of compassion?  Two things come to mind:
First, God does not "strike us down" as an evil Ultron who delights in watching us struggle with pain, sickness or depression.  These are all part of the human condition and at some time or other, being human, we are prone to experience them to varying degrees.  And secondly, "Where is God?"  He's right there, as always, inviting us to come to him through Jesus who reminds us that he is the one who bears our burdens and gives us rest, support and strength.  Come to me all who labor and are heavy burdened and I will give you rest, Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of hear, and you will find rest for yourselves.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden length." (Mt 11: 28-30).  God's unconditional love remains in and through our aches and pains. Let him bear them and let us find our strength and peace in him.  He will not let us down.
Bro. Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment